Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awesome Possum!

Since I've been in Texas I've had a list of things I've wanted to do or see while here. Luckily, alot of my to-do's have been checked but I thought I would have more time so I realize that the others might end up permanently unchecked or just have to wait until we can come back to visit.
You can't imagine the joy I felt when I saw this...

A possum!

I was letting Molly out and this little guy was by my back door. Molly scared him into the corner where he just sat for awhile with her standing guard. I called for the kids to come see him since they had never seen one either and then we tossed him a handful of dog food but the little thing didn't move. I was kind of expecting him flop over with his legs straight in the air and his tounge hanging out of his mouth since I've always heard they play dead but it wasn't quite this dramatic. Instead, it just didn't move.

Eventually, we went inside and I watched him through the window for a good hour devouring all of the dog food and then he was gone. He was just a baby which I was grateful for since I've heard they can be quite mean.

Next things on my list...fireflys and armadillos. Wish me luck!

0 comments: