Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A little thought and a lot of gratitude...

Yesterday the school nurse called me to let me know that Anna had a fever of 102.something and that I needed to pick her up.


Last night she woke up at 1 am and her temperature was 103.4. I gave her some motrin and laid awake the rest of the night watching her sleep. Neither her or Parker have ever had a temperature that high.

This morning when she woke up, it was 103.2 so we hopped in the car and off to the doctor's we went. She had strep throat, which I had suspected and she seemed ok as we went from the doctor to the store to fill her prescription. We came home and she fell asleep and that's pretty much how she's been ever since. A little bit ago, I checked on her and she was burning up. I could feel the heat radiating from her. I took her temperature and it was 104.1! I gave her another dose of motrin and she quickly fell asleep. Once again, I just laid next to her watching.

I've been checking on her frequently and worrying and praying nonstop. I know that the antibiotic and blessing she received will return her to whole and I can't help but think of how blessed I am to have two happy healthy children. This is really the sickest either of my kids have ever been and I know it will be temporary. My heart aches for all the parents out there who have kids that are chronically or terminally ill. I can't imagine how they suffer - parents who would do anything to ease the pain and suffering of their children and are helpless. I can't imagine. Though I don't know any personally, I think I am going to start including them in my prayers - a general prayer for all those parents. Also in my prayers, I will continue to thank my Heavenly Father for my two amazing kids and I will sincerely thank Him for their healthy little bodies.

Not her usual happy bouncy giggly little girl self. =(

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

So sad. When our kids get strep they get that bad too. To keep the fever down I will alternate motrin and tylonol or do 1/2 and 1/2. It does wonders and my doc recommended it!

Ashcraft Family said...

She looks so sickly. These times do bring gratitude. Hope all is well soon!