Thursday, September 20, 2012

No pictures just a whole lot of babbling

Goodness gracious there's not much interest in blogs anymore.  Well, I still like them.  I like to read them so go ahead and update yours anytime now because you know you have a faithful reader!

You see, my problem was awhile ago I updated something or other on my laptop and I could write my blog and save it but it wouldn't let me publish SO I had to log on to Aaron's iPad to publish.  Such a pain I just didn't want to deal with it.  I think it's fixed now though so I thought I would give it a go.

I'm not posting any pictures (which ARE the BEST part of blogs) just my random thoughts and I'll probably brag about my kidlets because that's who I am and that's what I do.

School has started and we are off to a FANTASTIC year.  Anna's in 3rd grade and her teacher is one of the sweetest most loving people I have ever met.  She truly LOVES her students.  She also happens to be our neighbor which is super fun!  Anna was picked to be student of the month for demonstrating this month's character trait which is responsiblity.  It's kind of a big deal because they only pick 2 kids from each grade a month to be it.  They get awarded in a spirit assembly and get a little swag bag.  Fun!  You know what's funny?  When Parker was in 1st grade, he got student of the month for the exact same character trait!  Yay for my responsible kids!

Anna also got to be on the news a few weeks ago.  Her class had been writing to her teacher's brother who is serving in Afghanistan and she set up a Skype session with him and the class.  The news covered it and my sweetest Anna Banana told why she thought he was a hero - because he was over their protecting all of our freedom instead of being with his family.  Oh my HECK!  So sweet!  And boy oh boy did she love the attention.  She's funny that way.

Now Parker.  Oh my goodness.  Where shall I start?  Well, he is turning into quite a handsome fella.  Wait a sec.  Turning into?  No way.  He has ALWAYS been a handsome fella.  Now he's just an older handsome fella.  He's a great little soccer player but has a hard time being aggressive.  It's just not in his nature.  He has such a great sense of humor and is so witty, kind of like, well, his dad.  We love his teacher.  She's not known for being the easiest teacher which is ok in my book but he seems to be doing pretty well.  I'm blessed to have kids that don't struggle with school.  Oh how I love to talk to him and pry information out about anything he will tell me.

I think it's officially fall and the weather has been beautiful.  BEAUTIFUL! 

0 comments: