Monday, May 12, 2008

The Greatest Thing I've Ever Done!

I hope all you mother's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I sure did! Mother's Day is such a great day. It's a chance for me to show my mom I appreciate her which I very seldom do...pretty much once a year on Mother's Day and this year I'm grateful she's still here! After a rough year battling cancer and a couple of close calls our family is blessed to still have her around.



I am so grateful to be a mom. It's the best thing ever. Parker and Anna truly are my greatest accomplishment! Everyday I'm so amazed at what they can do and what they've learned and although I wish I could just freeze time and stop them from growing up it's exciting to see the two of them learning and growing. I love to see their own unique personalities shine in everyday events like walking to school - Parker tries to sneak up on every bird we see to see how close he can get before they fly away while Anna tries to rescue every potato bug she sees from accidentally being smushed! Although both can be frustrating when we're running late and trying to make it to school on time, it's these little everyday events that we should cherish! I know before too long they won't need me to walk them to school or even want me to walk them to school and potato bugs will hold very little interest. Someday dandelions won't be a token of love from my children but just weeds and I know someday the mountains of drawings of rainbows and hearts and stick figures of our family I receive from Parker and Anna daily will simply just stop as their interests change and grow. For now, I'm going to do my best to cherish every moment, to hang ever picture and cling to every dandelion!
Parker and Anna - you're the best! Thank you for making me a mom!

2 comments:

Jen Moyer said...

Im glad your Mom is doing better. It was nice to see her at Bunco! You are so right about the dandelions and drawings! Before we know it they will be asking for the car keys! Love what you wrote.

The Jensen Family said...

Ok that made me cry! I feel the same way! What you wrote was so true and very sweet! You are a great mom!